Michigan is one of the eight states selected by CMS in November 2010 for participation in a multi-payer demonstration of advanced primary care practices, also known as patient-centered medical homes (PCMH). The other states are Maine, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. The Michigan demonstration is called the Michigan Primary Care Transformation (MiPCT) Project
• Large size. Michigan’s 484 eligible practices represent half of the practices identified for
participation during Year One in all eight states combined.
• Supportive Network of Physician Organizations. Participating physician
organizations will assist with practice recruitment and reporting and provide support to
assist practices in their transformation.
• PCMH Transformation Process. The eligible practices are well along in the process of
transforming their practice to a PCMH, a process which often requires several years for a
practice to complete. These practices have been top performers on measure of PCMH
capabilities in place, cost and utilization for two years in a large PCMH initiative.
• Care Management Component. Practices and physician organizations will engage
care managers and complex care managers to provide self-management support, assist
with transitions of care and coordinate care.
• MiPCT Vision: Michigan will lead the nation in Primary Care Transformation
• MiPCT Intervention: Participating Practices will receive enhanced funding and technical
support to develop PCMH capabilities and services.
• Project Dates: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2014
• Confirmed Payers: Medicare, Medicaid Managed Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield of
Michigan and Blue Care Network
• Eligible Practices: PCMH Level 2 or 3 Recognition through NCQA before July 1,
2010 and/or PCMH designation through the BCBSM
Provider Group Incentive Program 2010 and 2011. Associated with Participating Physican Organization or
Physician Hospital Organization
1. MiPCT is enrolling eligible PCMH practices through November 8, 2011 for participation
in the Demonstration as of January 1, 2012.
3. Frequently Asked Questions: click here
MiPCT Web Site www.mipctdemo.com
Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or
• Carol Callaghan (Co-Chair) email@example.com
• Jean Malouin, MD MPH (Co-Chair, Medical Director) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sue Moran (Co-Chair) MoranS@michigan.gov
• Diane Bechel Marriott, DrPH (Project Manager) email@example.com